English school and nursery
Monty Preschool of Prague
International and Multicultural Kindergarten and NurseryMore information
Monty School Prague
Monty kindergarten is a bilingual school. We accept all students from around the World. Children grow and learn in an International Multicultural environment. The billingual environement helps children learn english naurally from a native speaker.
We specialize in children with different mother tongues.
We teach them Czech so that they can live well in the Czech Republic, but also English for a better loss in life.
Monty preschool applications for the 2023/2024 school year are accepted until full capacity. We provide pre-school education to children from 2 years.
The child can also be enrolled during the school year and in case of a vacancy.
You can also enroll your child ONLINE.
The enrollment will consist of several parts:
Sending electronic application form
On our website, you fill in a non-binding electronic application
Video meeting or a personal meeting
We will arrange a video call or a personal meeting where we will introduce each other.
Administration We will send you the necessary documents:
- registration sheet - In the actual situation in Czech, do not visit the GP in person. To substantiate this obligation, the legal representative:
1. declare that the child is properly vaccinated (sample statement to be sent) - in the case of online enrollment
2. provide a copy of the vaccination certificate - in the case of online enrollment
- preview of the contract
You can send these documents back signed by registered mail, electronic signature or data box to qusncnm
Payment of reservation fee
You will pay a reservation fee of 2500 CZK, which will be deducted from the first tuition fee.
Signing of the contract and issuing the decision on acceptance Finally
We agree on the terms and conditions and the school head issues a decision on admission. We will arrange the day of arrival.
We can arrange all the administration for children and their parents from abroad.
We have many years of experience working and communicating with families and children with a different mother tongue. We will teach children in Czech so that they succeed in enrollment in Czech schools, but also in English so that they are ready to further education in international schools.
At Monty we have an assistant for children with a different mother tongue then Czech to help communicate between family and school. We work closely with the Meta o. p. s organization, which offers support to teachers and schools if they address the specific needs of children and pupils with a different mother tongue. We are able to provide Czech language courses for family members of children.
In Monty you can speak Czech, Slovak, English, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian, Spanish immediately.
You do not speak a single language? We will provide a translator for your first communication meeting!!!!
What iterests you
The German ring is taught according to Hallo Anna textbook. Children together with the lecturer and the central character Anna penetrate the foundations of the tongue in a playful and entertaining way. Each lesson is divided into several parts so that the children are not bored and to get used to the order and regularity. In the teaching, mostly audio-visual methods such as pictures, thematic posters or singing German songs are used, children also actively use textbooks.
The educational program includes a cycling and sports week, sports days and regular walks around.
In cycling week, children learn in a practical and fun way how to ride a bike safely. They are accompanied throughout the week by experienced instructors and show children the beauty and risks of cycling. After the course, children are more aware and responsible, during their stay, both on the road and in the field. The little ones will learn to ride their own bikes in a week. The more experienced will then improve in the technique of riding in the woods, meadows, terrain and sportkids fun obstacles (they simulate, for example, descending from the sidewalk, overcoming uneven road surfaces and generally increase stability and safety on the bike).
The preschool club is most often divided into blocks, each of which lasts 20-25 minutes. Within them, we practice fine motor skills, visual and auditory perception, attention and memory, thinking and numerical relationships, school readiness in general. Emphasis is placed on the pre-reading period of introductory reading, where we draw on the SFUMATO fluent reading methodology. Through continuous reading, we teach children the correct eye movements, thereby preventing developmental disorders, especially dyslexia. We develop pre-mathematical thinking using the HEJNÉHO method.
Teaching takes place in a specially adapted classroom with an interactive whiteboard.
The educational program of this group is intended for children who start primary school the following school year, as well as for gifted children who are expected to start earlier or with delayed children (5-7 years).
- comprehensive educational program
- native English speaking speaker
- preschool club twice a week 1 hour
- personal consultation on the selection of a suitable school
- work with interactive whiteboard
- school maturity test
- pupil's portfolio
- visits of cooperating primary schools
- workbooks and sheets
- speech therapy prevention
At Monty, we do not compel parents to purchase expensive uniforms. However, we do provide the option to acquire a Dress Code, which consists of a collection of standardized clothing and accessories that we use during communal events, outings, and celebrations.
The Dress Code also includes attire for the teachers, who use it on a daily basis.
ACCEPTING CHILDREN TO PRESCHOOL EDUCATION FOR the SCHOOL YEAR 2023/2024
CRITERIA AND CONDITIONS FOR ADMISSION OF CHILDREN TO PRESCHOOL EDUCATION FOR 2023/2024
The child can be enrolled in Monty all year round. We will reserve a seat for the next school year. Currently ONLINE here.
The specific date and time of the meeting should be arranged through a web application. Include the day and time preference in the note.
- The total capacity of Kindergarten Monty is 20 children.
- Children are admitted to two separate classes, with the capacity of one class being 10 children.
- The director of the Monty kindergarten reserves the right to exempt from the number of children in one class, up to 15 children, if the second class is not fulfilled, at least 5 children.
- It is possible to enroll a child in the Monty kindergarten during the school year if the capacity of the Monty kindergarten stated in the school register is not full.
- Only children who have undergone scheduled regular vaccination or have evidence that they are immune to the disease or cannot undergo vaccination for permanent contraindication as required by Section 50 of Act 258/2000 Coll., On public health protection, or children who are to 31.8. 2023 will reach the age of five for which pre-school education is compulsory.
- In accordance with Section 34 (1) of the Education Act, a child will be admitted as a priority. 2022 has reached the age of five for compulsory pre-school education.
- Pre-school education has been provided to children since the age of 2. Admission is decided on the basis of the capacity of the kindergarten and classes.
- Priority will be given to applicants for full-time attendance.
- The admission of a child with a disability will be decided on the basis of an expert assessment and a written statement of the school counseling facility, or. also a general practitioner for children and adolescents.
- The headmistress of the nursery school Monty may use the possibility of determining the probationary stay of the child for a period of three months under Section 34 (3) of the Education Act, with the exception of the child for whom pre-school education is compulsory.
- The application must be accompanied by a duly completed application form (application to the Monty kindergarten), childcare, and a medical certificate. Documents published on www.monty-skolka.cz.
The Monty program for toddlers (possibility to attend two, three or five days a week, or by individual agreement) is focused on the development of fine motor skills, social habits and lessons from practical life. Independence is developed in children, but also the ability to coexist in a group of peers. All activities are aimed at making little Montians independent and developing their self-confidence and self-awareness. Children play together, sing, dance and there is also storytelling and the opportunity to spend time in the garden or in the adjacent forest. During the day, the activities intertwine freely.
We focus on simultaneous bilingualism, where a child learns both languages at the same time and has contact with both from an early age. The best period for the formation of brain synapses during an individual's life is the period called "windows of opportunity". It is a critical period of children's life, when the formation of synapses is the easiest and fastest, depending on external stimulation. This period is defined as the first 10 years of a child's life with the greatest potential around the first 3 years of a child's age.
The sports club is focused on the all-round development of your child's movement abilities and skills.
Thanks to the methodical and non-traditional processing of the circle, children learn to play sports correctly and develop a positive relationship with movement. The content of the club is also learning about attractive Olympic disciplines and competing in the spirit of fair play.
The sports program does not have the character of training and does not aim to achieve top sports performance. In teaching, generally developing exercises are used, which increase children's dexterity and physical condition in a playful and competitive manner.
We implement projects supported by the EUROPEAN UNION
- EU Structural Funds Project "Templates for Kindergartens and Elementary Schools I" Project Name: Monty Kindergarten - Support for Children with DNL, Project Registration Number: CZ.02.02.XX/00/22_002/0005765
Templates II. project name: Modernization of approaches to upbringing and education in Monty Kindergarten,The project is focused on one of/a combination of the following topics: personnel support, personal professional development of teachers, joint education of children/pupils/participants, support of extracurricular/developmental activities, activities developing ICT, cooperation with parents of children/pupils/participants, cooperation with the public.
project registration number: CZ.02.3.X/0.0/0.0/18_064/0012794
Challenge 49 project name: Monty Kindergarten - challenge 49,
project registration number: CZ.07.4.68/0.0/0.0/18_066/0001558
The project is focused on a combination of the following topics: personnel support of schools, direct support of children with OMJ and their parents/legal representatives in schools.
Templates III. project name: Modernization of Monty Kindergarten - Templates III
project registration number: CZ.02.3.X/0.0/0.0/20_081/0022489
The project is focused on one of/a combination of the following topics: personnel support, personal professional development of teachers, joint education of children/pupils/participants, support of extracurricular/developmental activities, activities developing ICT, cooperation with parents of children/pupils/participants, cooperation with the public.
Challenge 54 project name: Monty Kindergarten - challenge 54,
project registration number: CZ.07.4.68/0.0/0.0/19_071/0001900
The project is focused on a combination of the following topics: personnel support of schools, direct support of children with OMJ and their parents / legal representatives, project teaching, education and personal development of teachers. school staff, community activities and support for an inclusive school environment.