English school and nursery
Monty Preschool of Prague
International and Multicultural Kindergarten and NurseryMore information
Monty School Prague
Monty kindergarten is a bilingual school. We accept all students from around the World. Children grow and learn in an International Multicultural environment. The billingual environement helps children learn english naurally from a native speaker.
We specialize in children with different mother tongues.
We teach them Czech so that they can live well in the Czech Republic, but also English for a better loss in life.
Monty preschool applications for the 2022/2023 school year are accepted until full capacity. We provide pre-school education to children from 2 years.
The child can also be enrolled during the school year and in case of a vacancy.
Given the situation regarding COVID 19, you can also enroll your child ONLINE.
The enrollment will consist of several parts:
Sending electronic application form
On our website, you fill in a non-binding electronic application
Video meeting or a personal meeting
We will arrange a video call or a personal meeting where we will introduce each other.
Administration We will send you the necessary documents:
- registration sheet - In the actual situation in Czech, do not visit the GP in person. To substantiate this obligation, the legal representative:
1. declare that the child is properly vaccinated (sample statement to be sent) - in the case of online enrollment
2. provide a copy of the vaccination certificate - in the case of online enrollment
- preview of the contract
You can send these documents back signed by registered mail, electronic signature or data box to qusncnm
Payment of reservation fee
You will pay a reservation fee of 2000 CZK, which will be deducted from the first tuition fee.
Signing of the contract and issuing the decision on acceptance Finally
We agree on the terms and conditions and the school head issues a decision on admission. We will arrange the day of arrival.
We can arrange all the administration for children and their parents from abroad.
We have many years of experience working and communicating with families and children with a different mother tongue. We will teach children in Czech so that they succeed in enrollment in Czech schools, but also in English so that they are ready to further education in international schools.
At Monty we have an assistant for children with a different mother tongue then Czech to help communicate between family and school. We work closely with the Meta o. p. s organization, which offers support to teachers and schools if they address the specific needs of children and pupils with a different mother tongue. We are able to provide Czech language courses for family members of children.
In Monty you can speak Czech, Slovak, English, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian, Spanish immediately.
You do not speak a single language? We will provide a translator for your first communication meeting!!!!
At Monty School we take care of the welfare of our teachers and leaders.
What iterests you
There is perhaps no adult who did not encounter a fairy tale as a child. At first as a small and enthusiastic listener who looked forward to bed every night with the vision that one of his parents would make time for him and tell him or read a fairy tale "good night", and later as a reader. Reading or telling fairy tales has thus become a welcome daily ritual in most families, not only for the child, but also for the parents.
Both the child's glowing eyes and an unforgettable experience in the form of time spent with the child became a reward for the parents.
We at Monty also belong to a generation that grew up telling stories and reading fairy tales. We consider this period to be very beautiful, and even now in adulthood we are among the lovers of this literary genre. Working in kindergarten with children deepens our interest even more. Experiencing great adventures, stories of heroism and immortal love, which we had the opportunity to listen to in the safety of home, among the people who loved us, are simply unforgettable.
At MONTY, we don't pamper children, but employ their heads and bodies to learn many times more than anywhere else, while considering kindergarten as their second family! We focus on simultaneous bilingualism, where a child learns both languages at the same time, and has had contact with both of them since early childhood.
The Monty School Prague kindergarten is registered in the school register and situated in the beautiful surroundings of the Hodkovičky district of Prague.
Children grow up in a multicultural environment. Children are not strictly divided according to age, but rather on the basis of their knowledge and abilities. Children are cared for by native English speakers as well as Czech teachers from both men and women. We consider experiential learning with a varied offer of stimuli for learning and the joy of it to be essential. The basic method of our work is a game, which means learning, communicating, imagining, cooperating, creating, being happy, being free, amazing, growing but also having time. We work with everyone according to their pace and possibilities.
We see the benefits of bilingual education when the child speaks one language, as if he had an answer in another in his head. He has to evaluate at any moment how his partner is talking in the conversation. This is a good training for the brain, thanks to which children have more creative thinking and are more sensitive in communication. From an early age, they know that this does not have to be just a "table", but also a "tisch" or a "table", so they do not box so much and tend to be more open. As a rule, bilingual children can also think better about the nature and function of the language and learn more language more easily.
1) Advantages of communication:
- wider communication field (extended family, community, international connections, employment).
- literacy in two languages.
2) Cultural benefits:
- deeper multiculturalism, bilingual experience of the world.
- greater tolerance towards minorities, less inclination towards racism.
3) Development of cognitive skills:
- development of thinking, creativity, sensitivity in communication.
4) Personal development:
- strengthening self-esteem, self-confidence.
- secure identity.
5) Benefits in the field of education:
- the growing possibility of achieving higher education.
- easier learning a third language.
6) Economic benefits:
- wider possibility of employment in various occupations
Básně, písně, divadelní školení a hra na hudební nástroje jsou hlavními pilíři dramatického kroužku. Cílem kurzu je nejen zlepšit umělecké nadání, ale také naučit správnou anglickou výslovnost, recitovat a hlavně se nestydit vystupovat před ostatními. Učitel je Abhi, který sám skládá hudbu, ovládá hru na několik hudebních nástrojů a krásně zpívá.
At Monty we do not force families to buy expensive uniforms. We have uniforms availble upon request for field trips and outings.
Teachers are wearing the same dress-code.
The educational program includes a cycling and sports week, sports days and regular walks around.
In cycling week, children learn in a practical and fun way how to ride a bike safely. They are accompanied throughout the week by experienced instructors and show children the beauty and risks of cycling. After the course, children are more aware and responsible, during their stay, both on the road and in the field. The little ones will learn to ride their own bikes in a week. The more experienced will then improve in the technique of riding in the woods, meadows, terrain and sportkids fun obstacles (they simulate, for example, descending from the sidewalk, overcoming uneven road surfaces and generally increase stability and safety on the bike).
ACCEPTING CHILDREN TO PRESCHOOL EDUCATION FOR the SCHOOL YEAR 2022/2023
CRITERIA AND CONDITIONS FOR ADMISSION OF CHILDREN TO PRESCHOOL EDUCATION FOR 2022/2023
The child can be enrolled in Monty all year round. We will reserve a seat for the next school year. Currently ONLINE here.
The specific date and time of the meeting should be arranged through a web application. Include the day and time preference in the note.
- The total capacity of Kindergarten Monty is 20 children.
- Children are admitted to two separate classes, with the capacity of one class being 10 children.
- The director of the Monty kindergarten reserves the right to exempt from the number of children in one class, up to 15 children, if the second class is not fulfilled, at least 5 children.
- It is possible to enroll a child in the Monty kindergarten during the school year if the capacity of the Monty kindergarten stated in the school register is not full.
- Only children who have undergone scheduled regular vaccination or have evidence that they are immune to the disease or cannot undergo vaccination for permanent contraindication as required by Section 50 of Act 258/2000 Coll., On public health protection, or children who are to 31.8. 2022 will reach the age of five for which pre-school education is compulsory.
- In accordance with Section 34 (1) of the Education Act, a child will be admitted as a priority. 2022 has reached the age of five for compulsory pre-school education.
- Pre-school education has been provided to children since the age of 2. Admission is decided on the basis of the capacity of the kindergarten and classes.
- Priority will be given to applicants for full-time attendance.
- The admission of a child with a disability will be decided on the basis of an expert assessment and a written statement of the school counseling facility, or. also a general practitioner for children and adolescents.
- The headmistress of the nursery school Monty may use the possibility of determining the probationary stay of the child for a period of three months under Section 34 (3) of the Education Act, with the exception of the child for whom pre-school education is compulsory.
- The application must be accompanied by a duly completed application form (application to the Monty kindergarten), childcare, and a medical certificate. Documents published on www.monty-skolka.cz.
We implement projects supported by the EUROPEAN UNION
- Templates II. project title: Modernization of approaches to education in Monty kindergarten,project registration number: CZ.02.3.X / 0.0 / 0.0 / 18_064 / 0012794
The project is focused on one of / a combination of the following topics: personal support, personal professional development of teachers, joint education of children / pupils / participants, support of extracurricular / development activities, ICT development activities, cooperation with parents of children / pupils / participants, cooperation with the public.
- Call 49 project name: MŠ Monty - call 49, project registration number: CZ.07.4.68 / 0.0 / 0.0 / 18_066 / 0001558
The project focuses on a combination of the following topics: staff support for schools, direct support for children with OMJ and their parents / legal guardians in schools.
More and more children have speech problems and need to seek professional speech therapy care. If more languages are being taught, speech therapy supervision is a necessity. The pronunciation and correct speech development in Monty is supervised by a clinical speech therapist, who regularly attends kindergarten once a week.
Kruh pro všechny chlapce a dívky, kteří milují hudbu, zpěv a tanec. U dětí rozvíjíme hudební sluch, správnou výslovnost, smysl pro rytmus, intonaci. Chceme, aby děti zpívaly dětské, lidové a oblíbené písničky pro zábavu. Stejně jako u zpěvu se nechceme soustředit na jeden taneční styl, proto jsme zvolili výuku různých tanečních stylů a esteticky příjemných sportovních aktivit. Rotace zajišťuje lepší koncentraci, rozmanitost a eliminuje monotónní zapojení svalů.
Zpěv a hudební doprovod: Míša
The Monty program for toddlers (possibility to attend two, three or five days a week, or by individual agreement) is focused on the development of fine motor skills, social habits and lessons from practical life. Independence is developed in children, but also the ability to coexist in a group of peers. All activities are aimed at making little Montians independent and developing their self-confidence and self-awareness. Children play together, sing, dance and there is also storytelling and the opportunity to spend time in the garden or in the adjacent forest. During the day, the activities intertwine freely.
We focus on simultaneous bilingualism, where a child learns both languages at the same time and has contact with both from an early age. The best period for the formation of brain synapses during an individual's life is the period called "windows of opportunity". It is a critical period of children's life, when the formation of synapses is the easiest and fastest, depending on external stimulation. This period is defined as the first 10 years of a child's life with the greatest potential around the first 3 years of a child's age.